- It was made with one tomato.
- That tomato was 2.5 lbs on it's own. It looked like a crazy wee pumpkin.
- No machine was used to process any of the vegetables.
- In keeping with that, the pepper I used has left me with some topical burns on my fingers.
- OMG, the freshness.
- I purchased Andalusian olive oil to use in it. The oil itself has a scent that is reminiscent of tomatoes and holds a sharp, peppery taste. I'll confess not liking as much as the French offering we had last, but that has been completely used.
- The soup will be served with crusty bread from When Pigs Fly and a sliver of Zamarano sheep cheese.
- It was delicious before it started to cool.
Some important things to say about tonight's gazpacho
*At least for today At the farm a few weeks ago, J was looking to expand his flock of chickens and in preparation, managed to score a free rooster…
Is there ever any sort of discussion about the environmental impact of the oil spills associated with tankers sunk in WWII?
Last night's meal: Veal sweetbreads from calves slaughtered that morning in a cream sauce made with wild garlic and foraged mushrooms. I'm not even…