The two hour smoke went well, and at the end, we were rewarded with a clear smoke ring and a slab that coasted nicely into the 150F range. The resulting bacon was really quite good, though the vanilla wasn't overwhelmingly present in our tasting. Rumor has it we should ramp it up further.
In any case, here are a few things currently residing in the fridge:
- 1/4 lb Vanilla and brown sugar bacon that was smoked this morning over longan wood (and then promptly served and eaten by guests)
- Cracklins from the same (Gods help me, they're tasty)
- A large jar of sweet & hot farm share carrot refrigerator pickles
- Four moulard duck legs and about 2 lbs of duck fat in preparation for making duck confit
- Ginger/Peach/Bourbon preserves from the kitchen of prosicated and inahandbasket